Friday, April 01, 2016
40 firefighters from Carroll and Baltimore Counties respond to Westminster house fire
40 firefighters from Carroll and Baltimore Counties respond to #Westminster house #fire http://kevindayhoff.blogspot.com/2016/04/40-firefighters-from-carroll-and.html
Dry conditions at the end of winter and early spring only heighten the fire danger out there. Please have a safe spring.
Firefighters and first responders see a little too much of each other in the spring. The fire marshal’s office and the Carroll County fire departments take this opportunity to remind you to not have first responders over to your house this spring as uninvited guests.
“Although we are very friendly, this time of the year, we are way too serious to attend your spring get-together in the event of a fire. Ensure your guests are aware of all available exits if a fire would occur… The leading cause of fires in the kitchen are unattended cooking and carelessly discarded cigarette.
Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food. And if you are going to be careless, have extra food available in case 40 firefighters need to stop by in the middle of the day to come tromping through your house. Happy spring from your local Carroll County fire department of the fire marshal’s office.
Westminster fire department chaplain and public information officer Kevin E. Dayhoff
40 firefighters from Carroll and Baltimore Counties responded to a house fire on West George Street in Westminster Thursday
After fire, Westminster home ruled uninhabitable
March 31, 2016 by Heather Mongilio for the Carroll County Times http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/communities/westminster/ph-cc-george-street-house-fire-20160331-story.html
A house on West George Street is uninhabitable after a fire Thursday afternoon.
A two-story wood dwelling caught on fire because of discarded smoking material, according to a news release from the State Fire Marshal's Office.
The Fire Marshal's Office ruled that the fire's cause was accidental. No injuries were reported, but the fire caused about $10,000 worth of damage to the structure, according to the release.
The Westminster Volunteer Fire Company was called to a fire in the unit block of West George Street at about 2:11 p.m., with a call for rapid intervention coming nine minutes later, said Kevin Dayhoff, spokesman for the fire company.
Read more here: http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/communities/westminster/ph-cc-george-street-house-fire-20160331-story.html
Kevin Dayhoff Soundtrack: http://kevindayhoff.blogspot.com/ = http://www.kevindayhoff.net/ Kevin Dayhoff Art: http://kevindayhoffart.blogspot.com/ or http://kevindayhoffart.com/ = http://www.kevindayhoff.com/ Kevin Dayhoff Westminster: http://kevindayhoffwestgov-net.blogspot.com/ or http://www.westgov.net/ = www.kevindayhoff.org Twitter: https://twitter.com/kevindayhoff Twitpic: http://twitpic.com/photos/kevindayhoff Kevin Dayhoff's The New Bedford Herald: http://kbetrue.livejournal.com/ = www.newbedfordherald.net Explore Carroll: www.explorecarroll.com The Tentacle: www.thetentacle.com