Stopping government abuses that threaten our economy
- President Obama “pivots” to jobs … again: The White House more or less admits it took its eye off the ball … but that’s little comfort for Americans struggling with the “new normal” of slow economic growth and rising prices.
- Republicans have been focused on jobs all along: “Welcome to the conversation, Mr. President,” said Speaker Boehner – “we’ve never left it.” Here’s a look at GOP efforts to enact our Plan for Economic Growth & Jobs.
- Nothing “meaningless” about stopping the ObamaCare train wreck: President Obama says efforts to delay and dismantle his health care law are “meaningless,” ignoring that it’s driving up costs and hurting our economy – and that he’s signed into law seven bills repealing or defunding parts of it.
- Obama admin spoiling for a government shutdown: The president is threatening to veto any funding bills and shut down the government unless he gets another tax hike to fuel more ‘stimulus’-style spending.
- President Obama still blocking Keystone: Before the president asks families to pay for another round of ‘stimulus’ spending, he might consider getting out of the way of the private-sector projects he continues to block.
- “Americans aren’t asking ‘where are the speeches?’” If the president really wants “a better bargain” for families, Speaker Boehner says he’ll approve the Keystone XL pipeline, delay his health care law for everyone (not just big businesses), and stop threatening to shut down the government.
- Final student loan reform “almost identical” to House-passed bill: After letting interest rates on student loans double, Senate Democrats finally passed a permanent fix that’s fairer for students and taxpayers, and is almost identical to what Republicans passed two months ago. See our comparison.
- Fixing our broken immigration system: “We’re working on a common-sense, step-by-step approach,” says Speaker Boehner, which will secure our borders, fix our immigration system, and help our economy grow.
- Stopping government abuse: The House of Representatives will vote on 10 bills this week “designed to protect citizens from government overreach.” Read more, learn how you can cosponsor these bills, and join the discussion on Twitter this week using the hash tag #StopGovtAbuse.
The Tentacle: www.thetentacle.com http://www.thetentacle.com/author.cfm?MyAuthor=41
Kevin Dayhoff Art: http://kevindayhoffart.blogspot.com/ or http://kevindayhoffart.com/ = http://www.kevindayhoff.com/
Kevin Dayhoff Westminster: http://kevindayhoffwestgov-net.blogspot.com/ or http://www.westgov.net/ = www.kevindayhoff.org
Kevin Dayhoff's The New Bedford Herald: http://kbetrue.livejournal.com/ = www.newbedfordherald.net
Tumblr: Kevin Dayhoff Banana Stems www.kevindayhoff.tumblr.com/
Google profile: https://profiles.google.com/kevindayhoff/
My http://www.explorecarroll.com/ columns appear in the copy of the Baltimore Sunday Sun that is distributed in Carroll County: https://subscribe.baltsun.com/Circulation/